NISSAN TRADING (THAILAND) CO., LTD.
Personal Data Protection Policy
About this policy
How do we collect Employee Personal Data?
We may collect Personal Data directly or indirectly from:
- Employee, or your representative;
- Our business partners such as service providers, suppliers and contractors;
- Other entities in Nissan Trading group affiliates; and,
- Government bodies or other organizations.
What kind of Employee Personal Data do we collect and hold?
The Personal Data we collect and hold will vary depending on what is required for us to perform our functions and responsibilities, and may include:
- Identity information (e.g. date of birth, details of identification card, passport information and official identification card and driver license)
- Name, address and contact details (e.g. phone, email and fax)
- Personal circumstances (e.g. age, gender, marital status and occupation)
- Financial affairs information (e.g. payment details, bank account details, and information about business and financial interests)
- Information about your comments, answers on engagement survey
- Professional information if you apply for a job at Company
- Information about the hardware and software you use for access, including IP address, browser type, language, operating system, application, access times, referring website address and cookie information.
How long will the Personal Data be held?
We will retain the Personal Data for as long as it is necessary or relevant for our legitimate business interests; for legal reasons; and to prevent harm, including as described in “How do we use and disclose the Personal Data” below.
How do we use and disclose the Personal Data?
We use or disclose the Personal Data in the following ways:
- To carry out our direct or indirect obligations arising from any contracts;
- To provide you with the information of products and services (e.g. sale transaction, after-sale service and warranty claim);
- To improve, maintain and develop our products and services;
- To communicate with you (e.g. send you service notifications, respond to you when you contact us, promote new products or services,) you can control marketing communications and most Service notifications by using your notification preferences in account settings or via the “Unsubscribe” link in an email.
- To promote safety and security;
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To process recruitment in case where you apply a job with us ;
- To expedite the processing of your Personal Data;
- To disclose to other entities in Nissan group affiliate; and/or
- To comply with the applicable laws.
We rely on several legal bases to process the data. These include when you have given your consent, which you may withdraw at any time; when the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, like the Terms of Service; and our legitimate business interests, such as in improving, personalizing, and developing the Services, marketing new features or products that may be of interest, and promoting safety and security as described above.
Whom might your Personal Data be disclosed to?
While we will protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure, your Personal Data may be shared or disclosed to the following entities or parties:
- Any member of our group including our subsidiaries, related corporations and Nissan Trading group affiliates and with our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- Business partners, dealers, suppliers, service providers and contractors for the performance of any contract;
- Advertisement networks;
- Analytics and search engine providers;
- Credit reference agencies;
- Prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets;
- Our professional advisers such as consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- Entities providing insurance and warranty services;
- Public and governmental authorities; and
- Any other party to whom you authorize us to disclose your Personal Data to.
- Subject to applicable laws.
How do we disclose your Personal Data to overseas recipients?
We will only provide your Personal Data to an overseas recipient if we are legally allowed to do so under PDPA or other applicable laws.
How do we assure quality of your Personal Data?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data that we collect is accurate, up-to-date, complete and correct.
We work hard to keep your data safe. Although, we use a combination of technical, administrative, and physical controls to maintain the security of your data, in reality there is no method of transmitting or storing data that is completely secure. However, if you have a security-related concern, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
How do we secure your Personal Data?
When it is necessary to provide your Personal Data to a third party, we will take appropriate steps to ensure that the third party will protect your Personal Data from loss, unauthorized access, use, modification, or disclosure, and against other misuse.
Data Subject Rights
Subject to the Personal Data Protection Laws thereof, you may exercise any of these rights in the following:
- Withdrawal of consent: If you have given consent to us to collect, use or disclose your personal data whether before or after the effective date of the Personal Data Protection Laws, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time throughout the period your personal data available to us, unless it is restricted by laws or you are still under beneficial contract.
- Data access: You have the right to access your personal data that is under the company’s responsibility; to request us to make a copy of such data for you; and to request us to reveal as to how we obtain your personal data.
- Data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data if we organize such personal data in automatic machine-readable or usable format and can be processed or disclosed by automatic means; to request us to send or transfer the personal data in such format directly to other data controllers if doable by automatic means; and to request to obtain the personal data in such format sent or transferred by us directly to other data controller unless not technically feasible.
- Objection: You have the right to object to collection, use or disclosure of your personal data at any time if such doing is conducted for legitimate interests of us, corporation or individual which is within your reasonable expectation; or for carrying out public tasks.
- Suspension: You have the right to request us to suspend processing your personal data during the period where we examine your rectification or objection request; or when it is no longer necessary, and we must erase or destroy your personal data pursuant to relevant laws, but you instead request us to suspend the processing.
- Rectification: You have the right to rectify your personal data to be updated, complete and not misleading.
- Complaint lodging: You have the right to complain to competent authorities pursuant to relevant laws if you believe that the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data is violating or not in compliance with relevant laws.
How to contact us?
If you have questions, suggestions, concerns about this policy, or about our use of your information, please contact us at DPO@ntsiam.co.th
Address: Nissan Trading (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
891/1 Siam Motor Building 10th, 14th Floor, Rama I Road, Wangmai, Pathumwan,
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Telephone: 02-216-2051-6 ext. 604
- Please provide your contact details when making a complaint or request, and we will respond to you promptly.
- We will not charge you any fees in dealing with your request regarding your Personal Data under this Policy. However, there may be a charge involved for us to process a request under PDPA that goes beyond a request regarding your Personal Data.